Save $250 on shipping charges in Continental US!
WhisperKOOL Ceiling Mount Split System Evaporator for Wine Cellar Cooling
- IMPROVED PERFORMANCE - Revamped and addition of several internal components improves the overall system performance.
- OPTIMIZED DESIGN - A hex mesh grille accompanied by a filter not only improves airflow but also improves coil, performance, and longevity.
- EASY INSTALLATION - Relocated system components makes system access and installation easier than ever.
- QUIETER OPERATION - 2 speed fan switch, with the option to have a medium or high speed setting, the system can now operate quieter than ever.
- ADDED AIR FILTER - Often times, units are installed before cellar construction has been completed. A filter has now been added behind the grille to protect the unit from the intake of potentially harmful debris during the initial start-up.
- HEX MESH GRILLE - The Ceiling Mount grill will no longer feature louvres. Instead, the louvres will be replaced with a hex mesh design. By replacing the louvres with a hex mesh, air will be directed down into the cellar rather being directed off to the side.
The WhisperKOOL Ceiling Mount 8000 is a serious cooling unit for wine enthusiasts who demand only the best for their wine cellar. If you've got a large cellar this should be the top of your list.
This split system evaporator allows a flush fit with the ceiling of your wine cellar which in turn allows you to use the maximum space available in your cellar for racking. More storage space = more wine!
The 8000 doubles down by not just saving you space but also by providing a sleek and modern design which will add to the design of your cellar. The housing is supplied in a smooth, black primed finish which means you can easily paint it to your desired colour. Looks count and basically most other units on the market are ugly!
Space and Looks are great but we need to get down to the nitty gritty of how this awesome system is going to ensure your wine is stored in the optimum conditions for years to come.
The benefit of a ceiling mounted split system is that it pull the warmer air out of the top of the room where such air accumulates and then pumps back in cooler which in turn will settle into the cellar where you need it most.
The unit is supplied with an advanced electronic display system which gives you fingertip control over what is happening in your cellar.
If you're serious about creating optimal wine storage conditions in your wine cellar you can't afford to go with second best. Buy your WhisperKOOL 8000 online today.
- Offers excellent efficiency by drawing in the warmer air which accumulates at the ceiling, cools and disperses the air throughout the environment.
- Allows for maximum racking space.
- Is virtually invisible in the cellar.
- Designed with the highest quality, professional grade parts for longevity and performance.
- Designed for ease of installation and accessibility.
- Includes a condensate pump system.
- Smooth, black primered finish, excellent for painting and color matching.
- Low ambient control.
- Grille of unit comes with a smooth, primered finish
Note: The systems do not include a line set.
Owner Manuals & Tech Sheets
New Cold Weather Start Kit:
WhisperKOOL is proud to present our cold weather start kit. INCLUDED FOR FREE FOR THIS UNIT, This kit was designed exclusively for our split systems where the condensing unit will be installed in extremely cold environments. Our split systems are designed to be adaptable to almost any install, as the condensing unit can be located in a variety of locations such as a mechanical room, basement, back yard, or even a rooftop. Our split systems were designed to operate with the condensing unit exposed to temperatures between 20°F and 110°F. However, there are some areas in the country that may drop below 20°F. Due to these conditions WhisperKOOL designed the Cold Weather Start Kit.
So, when the outside temperatures drop, the pressure in the system drops as well. This presents a challenge because our systems operate using a pump down cycle and a low-pressure switch to turn the compressor on and off. However when the temperature drops below 20°F, the pressure in the system is too low to start the compressor. The use of an electronic bypass is needed to start the compressor and temperature controlled heaters installed on the receiver are needed to raise the pressure in the system to optimal levels.
The Cold Weather Start Kit will bypass the low-pressure switch on startup and keep the pressure in the system high enough to operate correctly for environments as cold as -15°F.
It is important that the cooling system stays operational during cold weather conditions, as heating the house using the central HVAC system will indirectly increase the temperature of the wine cellar. This kit will ensure that the cooling system will continue to operate efficiently in cold weather environments to maintain an optimal wine storage temperature.
New 24V Thermostat Conversion Kit:
Tap into the latest technology to manage and monitor your wine cellar environment with WhisperKOOL.
Introducing our new 24-volt thermostat conversion kit for WhisperKOOL split systems**.
Utilize the industry leading technology from major manufacturers to monitor the environment of your cellar. (see individual thermostat manufactures features and benefits for details.)
- Connect your thermostat to Wi‑Fi to control the temperature from your phone, tablet or laptop.
- Monitor temperature and humidity through smart phones.
- Monitor run time and energy usage.
- Set alarm notifications
- View your cellar conditions from your cellular device.
The use of the 24-volt thermostat conversion kit eliminates the thermostat normally included with the system and allows your contractor to select, purchase and install the thermostat technology of your choice, including but not limited to:
- Not utilizing the thermostat from WhisperKOOL also eliminates the use of the bottle probe.
- WhisperKOOL does not provide SMART thermostats. Those must be purchased separately.
- WhisperKOOL customer service staff does not provide technical support for the customers selected thermostat.
**The 24-volt Thermostat conversion kit is currently available as an option for all Platinum and Ceiling Mount Split System models.**
The Exterior Housing protects the condenser portion of the split system from the elements when installed outdoors.
- Self-Contained System Warranty: A limited 2-year product/5-year compressor warranty is offered with all self-contained cooling units at the date of purchase.
- Split System Warranty: A limited 2-year product warranty is offered with all split systems. While the warranty starts at the date of purchase, this warranty is not activated until a Product Warranty Checklist has been submitted and approved by WhisperKOOL.
- Warranty Claims: All warranty claims must be filed directly through WhisperKOOL customer service. We provide warranty repairs at our manufacturing facility in Stockton, CA, or with prior permission from WhisperKOOL to receive service by a licensed HVAC/R technician. In the event a unit is not reparable in the field and is still under warranty, we will cover shipping costs to return the unit (excluding customs fees and duties).
- Limited Warranty: Limited warranty applies only to wine cooling units purchased directly from WhisperKOOL or through an authorized dealer. Damage caused by others or beyond the control of WhisperKOOL shall not be considered defects in material or workmanship and is not covered by the warranty. The limited warranty does not cover any parts or labor to correct any defect caused by negligence, commercial use, accident, maintenance, installation, service/repair, or improper use.
Watch out, they will not warranty if you sneeze!!! Just because we did not fill out the warranty paper before we started,,,,,,,,we had to buy and replace their bad compressor.......not right!!!!!!!
Hello David, We(Wine Cellar HQ) are a authorized distributor and the manufacture WhisperKOOL dictates the requirements for the warranty activation. I'm sorry you had this experience, we do many things to make our customers aware. We send email notifications at the time of purchase and after the delivery reminding our customer of the manufacturer's requirements for warranty activation. They require this information on split systems because the improper installation of the system can result in premature failure of the components.
Great product and amazing customer service. Very satisfied with the purchase. Highly recommend.