WhisperKOOL Quantum SS9000 Fully Ducted Wine Cooling System
Described in the simplest terms, a split system means that the two essential parts of a cooling system (the evaporator unit and the condensing unit) have been separated, or “split” into their own respective units. The evaporator unit is located in or near your cellar, and the condensing unit is generally located outdoors or in an attic or utility room.
The Quantum Series of cooling units are the highest-capacity units that we offer. KOOL your collection with our trusted name.
Note: A qualified HVAC-R technician is required for installation. Failure to have the system installed by a qualified technician will void the warranty.
*PLEASE NOTE: We do not provide smart thermostat. By selecting the 24V Thermostat Conversion Kit, you have acknowledged that the system will not be built with the standard WhisperKOOL control or liquid measuring bottle probe. You will have to source and purchase your own 24V smart thermostat to run the equipment. Our customer satisfaction team does not provide technical support for smart thermostats.
WhisperKOOL Quantum SS9000 Product Features:
- Fully ducted split system
- Interchangeable evaporator airflow panels
- Includes a pump system to remove access condensation
- Includes cold weather start kit
- Electro-fin coated coils for protection against outgassing that occurs in cellars
- Condensing unit can be placed outdoors with purchase of exterior housing
- Quiet and efficient operation
- Advanced electronic display
- Liquid bottle probe
- Alarm capabilities
- Flexible installation
- 55°F temperature differential
- Condensing unit can be placed outdoors w/optional housing
- Includes cold weather start kit
- Pump down system for longer compressor life*
Owner Manuals & Tech Sheets
The BTU/h value shown here is a theoretical number. There are often circumstances under which a cellar design may require a larger unit due to variables not accounted for in the formula. For example, these variables could be building materials (such as glass, stone, concrete, etc.) which do not offer the insulation capacity required to maintain the optimal cellar environment. We recommend purchasing a unit with a larger capacity to compensate for these unaccounted-for variables. An undersized unit can lead to premature failure and will most likely prevent the cellar from reaching your desired temperature.
24V Thermostat Conversion Kit
Introducing our new 24-volt thermostat conversion kit for WhisperKOOL split systems!
Utilize industry-leading technology from major manufacturers to monitor the environment of your cellar. (See individual thermostat manufacturers’ websites for details.)
- Connect your thermostat to Wi‑Fi to control the temperature from your phone, tablet or laptop.
- Monitor run time and energy usage.
- Set alarm notifications.
- View your cellar conditions from your mobile device.
The use of the 24-volt thermostat conversion kit eliminates the thermostat normally included with the system and allows your contractor to select, purchase and install the thermostat technology of your choice, including but not limited to Nest, Ecobee, and Honeywell.
By selecting the 24V Thermostat Conversion Kit, you have acknowledged that the system will not be built with the standard WhisperKOOL control or liquid measuring bottle probe. You will have to source and purchase your own 24V thermostat to run the equipment.
- Not utilizing the thermostat from WhisperKOOL also eliminates the use of the bottle probe.
- WhisperKOOL does not provide smart thermostats. Those must be purchased separately.
- WhisperKOOL customer service staff do not provide technical support for customers’ selected thermostats.
- Cellar Size: Approx. 3000 cu. ft. when cellar is fully insulated and sealed with a proper vapor barrier (each wine cellar is unique and has specific cooling requirements; heat load calculations should always be performed prior to selecting a cooling unit)
- BTU/h w/85°F air entering condenser coil: 9572
- Dimensions: Evaporator: 29.5”L x 30.9”W x 19.8”H, condenser: 24”L x 18.98"W x 16.16"H
- HP: 3/4
- Refrigeration Tons: 0.79
Voltage Rating: Evaporator: 115V (15-amp dedicated circuit required), condenser: 230V (15-amp dedicated circuit required)
- Weight: Evaporator: 96 lbs, condenser: 75 lbs
- Amps: Evaporator: 3.2 (running amps), compressor: LRA 35, RLA 6.5
- Line Set: Liquid line 3/8"; suction line 3/4" (less than 50 ft.), 7/8" (greater than 50 ft.)
- Duct Size: 14" supply, 14" return
- Drain Line: 3/4” ID CPVC
- Installation: Evaporator can be installed up to 25 duct feet away from cellar with 14” flex duct. Condensing unit can be installed up to 100 line feet from evaporator unit.
- Thermostat: Advanced digital display (50-ft. cable), liquid-temperature-measuring bottle probe (50-ft. cable)
Temp. Delta: Can maintain a 55°F cellar temperature with up to 110°F condenser air intake temperature
- Self-Contained System Warranty: A limited 2-year product/5-year compressor warranty is offered with all self-contained cooling units at the date of purchase.
- Split System Warranty: A limited 2-year product warranty is offered with all split systems. While the warranty starts at the date of purchase, this warranty is not activated until a Product Warranty Checklist has been submitted and approved by WhisperKOOL.
- Warranty Claims: All warranty claims must be filed directly through WhisperKOOL customer service. We provide warranty repairs at our manufacturing facility in Stockton, CA, or with prior permission from WhisperKOOL to receive service by a licensed HVAC/R technician. In the event a unit is not reparable in the field and is still under warranty, we will cover shipping costs to return the unit (excluding customs fees and duties).
- Limited Warranty: Limited warranty applies only to wine cooling units purchased directly from WhisperKOOL or through an authorized dealer. Damage caused by others or beyond the control of WhisperKOOL shall not be considered defects in material or workmanship and is not covered by the warranty. The limited warranty does not cover any parts or labor to correct any defect caused by negligence, commercial use, accident, maintenance, installation, service/repair, or improper use.