WhisperKOOL Platinum Mini Split System for cooling small wine cellars
Are you looking to cool a small wine cellar? Finding the right cooler for a smaller space can be tough, most offerings on the market today are actually too big for a smaller space.
Luckily we've got the answer for you...the WhisperKOOL Platinum Mini Split System.
This awesome unit is just perfect for cooling wine cellars up to 500 cubic feet. It's a split system so the compressor is located in a remote location to significantly reduce noise while the evaporator (cooling side) is mounted in the cellar.
The smart and minimalist black design of the evaporator side (the bit you will see) will blend in smoothly in most cellar designs.
Just because this is a small unit doesn't mean it misses out on the tech goodies. WhisperKOOL have still packed this unit full of their market leading wine storage technology that you will find on their larger (and more expensive) models.
This includes an advanced Platinum series controller, Advanced System Protection Technology, quick chill mode and anti-frost startup for the outdoor facing compressor.
Fit the WhisperKOOL Mini Split System to your wine storage area today and you won't be disappointed by the consistent environment it creates to protect and ensure the correct storage of your wine investments.
Platinum Mini Split System Features
- Ultra-quiet and efficient operation
- Advanced electronic display
- Liquid bottle probe
- Alarm capabilities
- Flexible installation
- 55°F temperature differential
- Condensing unit can be placed outdoors w/optional housing
- Pump down system for longer compressor life*
- Low ambient control.
- Cellar Size: 500 cu. ft. (Properly Insulated Cellar)
- dBA: Evaporator: 51 Decibels Condenser: 65 Decibels
- Dimensions: Evaporator: 20"W x 10.5"H x 13"D Condenser: 14"W x 10"H x 10"D
- Weight: Evaporator: 25lbs Condenser: 41lbs
- AMPS (starting/running): Evaporator: 2/1 Condenser: 11/4
- Installation: Evaporator is installed in the cellar, Condenser is installed up to 100 line ft. away
- Temp. Delta: 55°F temperature differential
- Thermostat: Digital Control Display
There are circumstances in which a cellar design may require a larger unit due to some existing design restrictions.
There are several factors such as glass, stone, concrete, etc. which will seem adequate but do not offer the insulation capacity required to maintain the optimum environment.
We recommend purchasing a unit with a larger capacity to compensate for the design limitations.
Under sized cooling units can lead to pre-mature failure and/or prevent the system from reaching the desired set temperature. As a result they are not covered under warranty.
Note: The systems do not include a line set.
New Cold Weather Start Kit:
WhisperKOOL is proud to present our cold weather start kit. NOW INCLUDED FOR FREE FOR THIS UNIT, This kit was designed exclusively for our split systems where the condensing unit will be installed in extremely cold environments. Our split systems are designed to be adaptable to almost any install, as the condensing unit can be located in a variety of locations such as a mechanical room, basement, back yard, or even a rooftop. Our split systems were designed to operate with the condensing unit exposed to temperatures between 20°F and 110°F. However, there are some areas in the country that may drop below 20°F. Due to these conditions WhisperKOOL designed the Cold Weather Start Kit.
So, when the outside temperatures drop, the pressure in the system drops as well. This presents a challenge because our systems operate using a pump down cycle and a low-pressure switch to turn the compressor on and off. However when the temperature drops below 20°F, the pressure in the system is too low to start the compressor. The use of an electronic bypass is needed to start the compressor and temperature controlled heaters installed on the receiver are needed to raise the pressure in the system to optimal levels.
The Cold Weather Start Kit will bypass the low-pressure switch on startup and keep the pressure in the system high enough to operate correctly for environments as cold as -15°F.
It is important that the cooling system stays operational during cold weather conditions, as heating the house using the central HVAC system will indirectly increase the temperature of the wine cellar. This kit will ensure that the cooling system will continue to operate efficiently in cold weather environments to maintain an optimal wine storage temperature.
New 24V Thermostat Conversion Kit:
The use of the 24-volt thermostat conversion kit eliminates the thermostat normally included with the system and allows your contractor to select, purchase and install the thermostat technology of your choice, including but not limited to:
- Not utilizing the thermostat from WhisperKOOL also eliminates the use of the bottle probe.
- WhisperKOOL does not provide SMART thermostats. Those must be purchased separately.
- WhisperKOOL customer service staff does not provide technical support for the customers selected thermostat.
The Exterior Housing protects the condenser portion of the split system from the elements when installed outdoors.
- Self-Contained System Warranty: A limited 2-year product/5-year compressor warranty is offered with all self-contained cooling units at the date of purchase.
- Split System Warranty: A limited 2-year product warranty is offered with all split systems. While the warranty starts at the date of purchase, this warranty is not activated until a Product Warranty Checklist has been submitted and approved by WhisperKOOL.
- Warranty Claims: All warranty claims must be filed directly through WhisperKOOL customer service. We provide warranty repairs at our manufacturing facility in Stockton, CA, or with prior permission from WhisperKOOL to receive service by a licensed HVAC/R technician. In the event a unit is not reparable in the field and is still under warranty, we will cover shipping costs to return the unit (excluding customs fees and duties).
- Limited Warranty: Limited warranty applies only to wine cooling units purchased directly from WhisperKOOL or through an authorized dealer. Damage caused by others or beyond the control of WhisperKOOL shall not be considered defects in material or workmanship and is not covered by the warranty. The limited warranty does not cover any parts or labor to correct any defect caused by negligence, commercial use, accident, maintenance, installation, service/repair, or improper use.
Great system for our small wine cellar, customer service for product selection was over the top. The delivery expectations were set up front and it can in about a weeks time. I would buy from this company again!