Introducing the NEW Transtherm Double Castel Wine Cabinet Glass Door Black!
The capacity of this wine cabinet goes from 380 to a maximum of 418 bottles, depending on how many shelves are used.
The Double Castel has 2 separate Castel cabinets side-by-side. Each of the sides has 3 temperature zones, out of which one large compartment is for red wine storage and the two smaller ones are for white and sparkling wine. Having two sides allows you to store wine on one and cool the wine down to the service temperature on the other side.
Both sides have a digital thermostat, which makes setting and monitoring the perfect humidity and temperature a fairly easy job. If you live in arid climates where there is not enough humidity in the air, you can always add water to the system and it will use that to maintain the perfect relative humidity level. This luxurious cabinet has an integrated heater element, which allows it to be placed in the most extreme environments ranging from 32 to 95F.
There are 3 adjustable rolling shelves on each side (12 bottles per shelf) along with 3 fixed storage shelves ( up to 77 bottles per shelf). If you decide to use this configuration, your maximum capacity will be 380 bottles. Additional shelves are available, but they might reduce the capacity of the cabinet. If you decide to remove some of the shelves and stockpile the bottles, you can raise the capacity of the cabinet up to 418 bottles. A maximum of 9 rolling shelves can be added to each side if you are using 3 fixed shelves.
Placement Requirements: Castel wine cabinets require 4 inches of clearance behind the cabinets, and are designed to operate in environments ranging between 0-35F. A dedicated 15-amp circuit for each cabinet is recommended. Transtherm cabinets use 120V / 60Hz power. Single cabinets require a 15-Amp circuit, while double cabinets require two (2) 15-amp circuits.
Transtherm wine cabinets are equipped for both cooling and heating what makes them perfect for use in colder climates or regions with variations in seasonal temperatures.
- 3 temperature zones for storing red wine and cooling white and sparkling wine
- Maximum temperature variation of 2-3 °F inside the wine cabinet
- Multiple modes for integrated lighting control
- Temperature and humidity alarm systems
- Operating in unconditioned locations from 32 to 95 °F
- Upgraded inner material from thermoformed polystyrene to aluminum
- Adjustable shelves to achieve the perfect height
- Rolling shelves that easily accommodate all bottle sizes
- Silent operation - 37 dBA
- Removable door handle made from steel and aluminum (also reversible on glass doors)
- Premium high-density expanded foam insulation (1.8 in thick)
- Maintaining humidity between 55% - 80% via a Transtherm exclusive thermal pump
- Mold and bad odors prevented by natural ventilation
- Cooler design and compressor location create a zero vibrations atmosphere
Specs & Resources
Size: 53 1/2w x 26 1/4d x 72h (in)
Weight: 504 lbs
120V / 60Hz; Requires 2 x 15-Amp Dedicated Circuits
Capacity: Up to 380 bottles
Material: Melamine Laminate
1-Year Limited Warranty - Parts and Labor
5-Year Limited Warranty - Compressor
Door Reversal Instructions
This product is classed as a luxury wine cooler. It's also an Extra Large sized wine fridge.