Save $250 on shipping charges in Continental US!
WhisperKOOL Platinum Split 8000 Ducted Wine Cellar Cooling System
You know how important maintaining the optimum conditions for your wine storage space is. You also know that you can't trust any old cooling unit to maintain those optimum conditions.
You need a premium solution, the WhisperKOOL Platinum Split 8000 Ducted Wine Cellar System.
This split system is one of the best on the market today and it's just been given a design update by WhisperKOOL.
You can now gain access to the system from the front of the unit via removable grills. This new access significantly increases the ease of installation and maintenance access.
This fully ducted version of the WhisperKOOL Platinum Split 8000 further improved on this excellent design by creating an almost silent operation for an uninterrupted cellar experience.
What we love most about the Platinum series wine cellar coolers in the extensive features that are going to make effective wine storage a breeze for you.
Described in the simplest terms, a split system is a cooling unit wherein the evaporator unit and condensing unit have been “split” into two separate units instead of being contained within the same housing. The evaporator unit is located in or near your cellar, and the condensing unit is generally located outside, or in an attic or utility room.
The Platinum Series of split systems allow you to decide where the evaporator unit and the condensing unit will be located. The condensing unit can be located up to 100 ft. away from the evaporator unit. The evaporator unit will be mounted in the cellar or it can also be located nearby with ducting.
If you don’t mind seeing the grille of your cooling unit in your cellar, a wall-mounted split system is what you need. If you prefer your unit to be out of sight, you should get a fully ducted split system. The choice is yours.
Note: A qualified HVAC-R technician is required for installation. Failure to have the system installed by a qualified technician will void the warranty.
*PLEASE NOTE: We do not provide smart thermostat. By selecting the 24V Thermostat Conversion Kit, you have acknowledged that the system will not be built with the standard WhisperKOOL control or liquid measuring bottle probe. You will have to source and purchase your own 24V smart thermostat to run the equipment. Our Customer Satisfaction Team does not provide technical support for smart thermostats.
WhisperKOOL Platinum 8000 Ducted Features:
- Quiet and efficient operation
- Standard and 24V thermostat options available
- Condensing unit can be placed outdoors with purchase of exterior housing
- Includes a pump system to remove access condensation
- 55°F temperature differential between cellar and condensing unit air intake temperature
Owner Manuals & Tech Sheets
The BTU/h value shown here is a theoretical number. There are often circumstances under which a cellar design may require a larger unit due to variables not accounted for in the formula. For example, these variables could be building materials (such as glass, stone, concrete, etc.) which do not offer the insulation capacity required to maintain the optimal cellar environment. We recommend purchasing a unit with a larger capacity to compensate for these unaccounted-for variables. An undersized unit can lead to premature failure and will most likely prevent the cellar from reaching your desired temperature.
24V Thermostat Conversion Kit
Introducing our new 24-volt thermostat conversion kit for WhisperKOOL split systems!
Utilize industry-leading technology from major manufacturers to monitor the environment of your cellar. (See individual thermostat manufacturers’ websites for details.)
- Connect your thermostat to Wi‑Fi to control the temperature from your phone, tablet or laptop.
- Monitor run time and energy usage.
- Set alarm notifications.
- View your cellar conditions from your mobile device.
The use of the 24-volt thermostat conversion kit eliminates the thermostat normally included with the system and allows your contractor to select, purchase and install the thermostat technology of your choice, including but not limited to Nest, Ecobee, and Honeywell.
By selecting the 24V Thermostat Conversion Kit, you have acknowledged that the system will not be built with the standard WhisperKOOL control or liquid measuring bottle probe. You will have to source and purchase your own 24V thermostat to run the equipment.
- Not utilizing the thermostat from WhisperKOOL also eliminates the use of the bottle probe.
- WhisperKOOL does not provide smart thermostats. Those must be purchased separately.
- WhisperKOOL customer service staff do not provide technical support for customers’ selected thermostats.
Cold Weather Start Kit
WhisperKOOL is proud to present our cold weather start kit. INCLUDED FREE FOR THIS UNIT, This kit was designed exclusively for our split systems where the condensing unit will be installed in extremely cold environments. Our split systems are designed to be adaptable to almost any install, as the condensing unit can be located in a variety of locations such as a mechanical room, basement, back yard, or even a rooftop. Our split systems were designed to operate with the condensing unit exposed to temperatures between 20°F and 110°F. However, there are some areas in the country that may drop below 20°F. Due to these conditions WhisperKOOL designed the Cold Weather Start Kit.
So, when the outside temperatures drop, the pressure in the system drops as well. This presents a challenge because our systems operate using a pump down cycle and a low-pressure switch to turn the compressor on and off. However when the temperature drops below 20°F, the pressure in the system is too low to start the compressor. The use of an electronic bypass is needed to start the compressor and temperature controlled heaters installed on the receiver are needed to raise the pressure in the system to optimal levels.
The Cold Weather Start Kit will bypass the low-pressure switch on startup and keep the pressure in the system high enough to operate correctly for environments as cold as -15°F.
It is important that the cooling system stays operational during cold weather conditions, as heating the house using the central HVAC system will indirectly increase the temperature of the wine cellar. This kit will ensure that the cooling system will continue to operate efficiently in cold weather environments to maintain an optimal wine storage temperature.
- Self-Contained System Warranty: A limited 2-year product/5-year compressor warranty is offered with all self-contained cooling units at the date of purchase.
- Split System Warranty: A limited 2-year product warranty is offered with all split systems. While the warranty starts at the date of purchase, this warranty is not activated until a Product Warranty Checklist has been submitted and approved by WhisperKOOL.
- Warranty Claims: All warranty claims must be filed directly through WhisperKOOL customer service. We provide warranty repairs at our manufacturing facility in Stockton, CA, or with prior permission from WhisperKOOL to receive service by a licensed HVAC/R technician. In the event a unit is not reparable in the field and is still under warranty, we will cover shipping costs to return the unit (excluding customs fees and duties).
- Limited Warranty: Limited warranty applies only to wine cooling units purchased directly from WhisperKOOL or through an authorized dealer. Damage caused by others or beyond the control of WhisperKOOL shall not be considered defects in material or workmanship and is not covered by the warranty. The limited warranty does not cover any parts or labor to correct any defect caused by negligence, commercial use, accident, maintenance, installation, service/repair, or improper use.