CellarPro 4000Sh-EC Cooling Unit (P/N 7401). NOW WITH ENERGY-EFFICIENT EC FANS! CellarPro engineered the 4000Sh-EC cooling system to provide maximum cooling power and adjustable humidity control for cellars up to 1,000 cubic feet. Split refrigeration systems separate the evaporator from the condensing unit, allowing the noise and heat from the condensing unit to be located away from interior living areas. Configurable for internal or external installations, the 4000Sh-EC includes a variable-speed fan on the evaporator with a low setting for quieter operation and a high setting for maximum power. This unit is the same as the 4000S, except that the evaporator is horizontal instead of vertical.
All air-cooled refrigeration equipment requires fresh air intake to dissipate the heat generated by the cooling unit. The fresh air intake CANNOT come from the wine cellar space - it must come from space outside the cellar. The Evaporator can be remotely located and ducted to/from the cellar using our cold-side duct hood, or located inside the cellar (with or without a decorative grill - not included.)
3938 SENSIBLE BTUH @ 55F.
CellarPro's 4000Sh-EC cooling units (2/5 Ton Nominal) are engineered for wine cellars up to 1,000* cubic feet in both commercial and residential wine cellars.
Performance testing shows that this unit maintains optimal cellar temperature and humidity conditions in extreme conditions up to 110F more effectively than similar units from competing brands. 4000Sh-EC units use energy-efficient EC fans in the evaporator and are significantly quieter than comparable units from other brands. Visit our Learning Center for data tables, performance charts, and product comparisons among different brands.
*Assuming R19 insulation throughout the cellar, 55F inside the cellar and 85F outside the cellar. Cold-side ducting, glass and/or uninsulated walls, extreme humidity, altitude, and other factors may affect the sizing calculation.
Our cooling units are designed to be used in properly-constructed wine cellars that are adequately insulated, airtight, and sealed with a vapor barrier. In improperly-constructed cellars, the cooling unit will create excess condensation, leading to damage and premature failure of your cooling unit (not covered by warranty).
Please note: Our units were not designed for, and our warranty does not cover damage from, marine exposure (within 5 miles of the ocean). In these environments, you will need an applied coating, such as Insitu®, to protect outdoor components against corrosion that is common in coastal regions.
- Now with energy-efficient EC Fans on the cold side, save $99.44 in annual energy costs vs AC fans (assumes 75% runtime and $0.15/kWh)
- This unit is designed to separate the heat and noise from the condensing unit from interior living spaces and can be configured to operate indoors or outdoors in extreme temperature conditions ranging from -20 to 110F.
- Our Evaporators are built with high-output centrifugal fans which include variable speed settings for your choice of maximum cooling power at the high fan speed, or quieter operation (53.7 decibels) at the low fan speed.
- Adjustable humidity control combines a high-output compressor with flexible fan cycles to maintain a recommended level of moisture inside your cellar.
- Extra-large coils generate maximum cooling power inside the cellar.
- Excess condensate is managed through a 1/2" drain line that exits from a choice of knockouts in the evaporator.
- Commercial-grade Electrofin coating protects the evaporator coils from leaks and corrosion.
- The Intuitive LED display panel mounted on the evaporator with a digital programmable thermostat is simple and easy to use. The remote thermostat is available as an upgrade.
- Energy-saver mode, quick-chill mode, and auto-defrost cycle provide convenient solutions to common cellar needs.
- The temperature set point range is 47F to 62F when the cooling unit is properly sized.
- The unit operates with minimal vibrations and less noise than comparable units from competitors.
- Audible and visual alarms and maintenance-needed indicators protect the cooling unit and the wine cellar.
- The common dedicated 15-amp circuit is required to power the unit.
- Adjustable mounting brackets are included as standard equipment, and multiple knockouts and access points ensure easy installation.
- Factory-installed Expansion Valve and Liquid Line Solenoid Valve (optional) ensure maximum operating precision and range.
- The removable steel case and refrigerant access valve provide access to the internal components for servicing and repair.
- Sight Glass and Liquid Line Filter/Drier are included for easy installation and maintenance.
- Oversized Receiver allows for long line sets up to 100 equivalent feet and up to 30 vertical feet.
- Auto-reset high-pressure switch protects the system by interrupting power to the compressor when the system pressure is too high.
- Evaporator and Condensing Unit are factory-pressurized and shipped with dry nitrogen to ensure leak-free installation.
- CellarPro's 2-Year/5-Year Warranty, the most thorough in the industry, protects the unit against manufacturing defects.
- An optional Extended Warranty (P/N 7528) is available for additional protection.
- ETL Tested and Certified to rigorous UL Standards for safety.
- CellarPro 4000Sh-EC units are designed to be installed with the evaporator inside the cellar, and the condensing unit in a remote location.
- Our Split refrigeration systems offer a choice of wiring:
- The Condensing unit can be electronically controlled by and wired to the Evaporator (single power source on the Evaporator side). A compressor heater is included to prevent off-cycle refrigerant migration to the compressor, and allows the Condensing unit to be used in temperatures down to 20F, or down to -20F with the addition of our fan cycling switch. This configuration requires a 15-amp dedicated circuit breaker for 3000S-EC and 4000S systems and a 25-amp dedicated circuit breaker for 6000S and 8000S systems.
- The Condensing unit can be controlled by a Solenoid valve (dual power source, one each to the Evaporator and Condensing units.) A compressor heater is included to prevent off-cycle refrigerant migration to the compressor and allows the Condensing unit to be used in temperatures down to 20F. We do not recommend using this configuration when the condensing unit will be exposed to temperatures below 20F. This configuration requires the evaporator to be wired to a 15-amp circuit breaker, the condensing unit to be wired to a dedicated 15-amp circuit breaker for 3000S-EC and 4000S systems, a dedicated 20-amp circuit breaker for 6000S systems, and a dedicated 25-amp circuit breaker for 8000S systems
- Unlike 4000S evaporators, 4000Sh-EC evaporators cannot be ducted from a remote location and must be located inside the cellar.
- When the control panel is difficult to access, we offer a remote control display kit that is wired to the cooling unit and allows the digital display to be mounted inside or outside the cellar.
- The condensing unit requires 12 inches of unobstructed space in front of the coils and requires approx. 600-700 CFM of ventilation when installed in a confined space.
- For outdoor installations, we offer an outdoor hood to protect the condensing unit from the weather.
- The evaporator should never be exposed to temperatures below 32F.
- Access to the left and right sides of the evaporator unit is required for installation.
- All split systems must be installed and charged on-site by a qualified HVAC professional. Line-set equivalent feet must be calculated in accordance with ASHRAE guidelines; refer to our Line Sizing Chart for more information.
- A CellarPro cooling unit must always be used in the upright position, and should never be operated on its side or upside down.
- We ship these units strapped to a pallet via a common carrier with curbside delivery. Inside delivery is available for an additional charge.
- To activate your warranty, you must complete and return our Installation Checklist.
Size: 30 2/5w x 14 2/5d x 13 1/5h (in)
Weight: 144 lbs
115V AC / 60 Hz
Condensing Unit Dimensions:
- 45 lbs
- 13.5w x 18.9d x 10.3h
Evaporator Unit Dimensions:
- 65 lbs
- 30.4w x 14.4d x 13.2h
- Common dedicated 15-amp circuit is required to power the unit.
- Startup: 40.0 Amps
- Unit Amp Rating: 7.9 Amps (high fan speed)
BTUH @ 55F / Evaporator Decibels
- Low Fan Speed: 3282 / 51 dbA
- Med Fan Speed: 3617 / 55 dbA
- High Fan Speed: 3938 / 63 dbA
- 2/5 Ton Nominal
Condensing Unit Decibels
- Indoor: 64
- Outdoor: 62
Capacity: 3938 BTUH @ 55F
2 Years (Entire System) To activate your warranty, you must complete and return our Split Installation Checklist.
Optional Extended Warranty sold separately.
Options & Upgrades
- Compressor Heater #35605: protects the compressor from off-cycle refrigerant migration. Included
- Fan Cycling Switch #6972: allows the unit to operate in temperatures down to -20F (Electronic Control).
- Outdoor Hood #2011: allows you to install the condensing unit outdoors
Filters & Grills
- Use our filter & grill guide to find the cooling unit filter or duct filter and/or duct grill that is appropriate for your cooling unit.
Remote Thermostats, Displays & Probes
- Networkable Thermostats #27346 and #27310: connect your cooling unit to a networkable, wi-fi enabled thermostat (sold separately). Must be ordered at the same time that the equipment is ordered. Other limitations apply - read the networkable thermostat description for more information. Includes 10 feet of wiring.
- Remote Display #1603: lets you place the digital panel wherever you want, whether inside or outside the cellar. Includes 10 feet of wiring.
- Bottle Probe #1434: this remote thermostat with a 10-foot cord overrides the thermostat on the face of the evaporator, and allows it to monitor air or liquid temperatures at various locations inside the cellar.
- Extension cords are available in 25-foot (#1780) and 50-foot (#1781) lengths.
DID YOU KNOW?
Nobody protects your wine cellar better than CellarPro Cooling Systems! In the event your cooling unit fails and the failed components are covered by our warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you per the terms of our Replacement Unit Program
CellarPro Replacement Unit Program
If your CellarPro cooling unit fails and the parts that failed are still covered by warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you, as follows:
- Your cooling unit must be registered at CellarPro
- Your cooling unit must have been properly sized, installed, and maintained
- Your cooling unit may not have been permanently modified, damaged, or disfigured
- Replacement units are factory-refurbished cooling units with a similar build date as your original unit
- You are responsible for the shipping cost to send the replacement unit to you and return the original unit to us, and the cost (if any) to remove the original unit and install the replacement unit
- In order to send a replacement unit, we require a deposit, which will be refunded minus shipping costs upon the return and pending the inspection of the original unit
- If the original unit failed due to improper installation or use, the failure is not covered by warranty and we will deduct the cost of the repairs from the refund of your deposit