Save $250 on shipping charges in Continental US!
THE EXTREME 3500TIR
The Extreme 3500tiR, 5000tiR, and 8000tiR introduce the variable-speed fans to WhisperKOOL's most advanced and powerful self-contained cooling system. Utilizing these fans, this high-capacity unit can maintain optimal cellar conditions. The Extreme is designed to fit between standard wall studs for a simple "through-the-wall" installation with minimal modification to existing wall structures. Extremes can also be mounted through an exterior wall and can operate in a 110°F exhaust environment. This unit is equipped with our Remote Platinum Series controller, which can be placed up to 50 line feet from the unit, utilizing Advanced System Protection.
- Reliable starting and running performance, even under the most extreme outdoor conditions
- The cooling unit can be located up to 25 ducted feet from the cellar
- Remote digital display with 50-ft. cable
- Standard and 24V thermostat options available
- 55°F temperature differential
- Quiet operation technology delivers sound levels as low as 51 dB
- Variable-speed fans
Owner Manuals & Tech Sheets
WhisperKOOL Extreme 3500tiR Through-the-Wall Owner Manual
WhisperKOOL Extreme 3500tiR Through-the-Wall Product Specs
The BTU/h value shown here is a theoretical number. There are often circumstances under which a cellar design may require a larger unit due to variables not accounted for in the formula. For example, these variables could be building materials (such as glass, stone, concrete, etc.) that do not offer the insulation capacity required to maintain the optimal cellar environment. We recommend purchasing a unit with a larger capacity to compensate for these unaccounted-for variables. An undersized unit can lead to premature failure and will most likely prevent the cellar from reaching your desired temperature.
24V Thermostat Conversion Kit
Introducing our new 24-volt thermostat conversion kit for WhisperKOOL split systems!
Utilize industry-leading technology from major manufacturers to monitor the environment of your cellar. (See individual thermostat manufacturers’ websites for details.)
- Connect your thermostat to Wi‑Fi to control the temperature from your phone, tablet, or laptop.
- Monitor run time and energy usage.
- Set alarm notifications.
- View your cellar conditions from your mobile device.
The use of the 24-volt thermostat conversion kit eliminates the thermostat normally included with the system and allows your contractor to select, purchase and install the thermostat technology of your choice, including but not limited to Nest, Ecobee, and Honeywell.
By selecting the 24V Thermostat Conversion Kit, you have acknowledged that the system will not be built with the standard WhisperKOOL control or liquid measuring bottle probe. You will have to source and purchase your own 24V thermostat to run the equipment.
- Not utilizing the thermostat from WhisperKOOL also eliminates the use of the bottle probe.
- WhisperKOOL does not provide smart thermostats. Those must be purchased separately.
- WhisperKOOL customer service staff do not provide technical support for customers’ selected thermostats.
- Cellar Size: 800 cu. ft (Properly Insulated Cellar)
- Dimensions: 28”L x 14.25”W x 15.75”H
- Weight: 115lbs.
Refrigerant : R-134a
Voltage Rating: 115V (20 amp dedicated circuit required); 230V (subject to availability)
- AMPS (starting/running): 32/9
Drain Line: 1/2” ID clear plastic tubing (not provided)
- Thermostat: Advanced digital display, liquid-temperature-measuring bottle probe (50ft. cable)
- Temp. Delta: Can maintain a 55°F cellar temperature with up to 110°F condenser air intake temperature
Outside Venting: Can be done if the outside temperature does not exceed 110°F, the external grille cover is highly
- Ducting Options: Condensing side can be ducted.
- Warranty: Two-year limited warranty (parts and labor) / five-year limited warranty (compressor)
A limited 2-year parts and labor / 5-year compressor warranty
- Self-Contained System Warranty: A limited 2-year product/5-year compressor warranty is offered with all self-contained cooling units at the date of purchase.
- Split System Warranty: A limited 2-year product warranty is offered with all split systems. While the warranty starts at the date of purchase, this warranty is not activated until a Product Warranty Checklist has been submitted and approved by WhisperKOOL.
- Warranty Claims: All warranty claims must be filed directly through WhisperKOOL customer service. We provide warranty repairs at our manufacturing facility in Stockton, CA, or with prior permission from WhisperKOOL to receive service by a licensed HVAC/R technician. In the event a unit is not reparable in the field and is still under warranty, we will cover shipping costs to return the unit (excluding customs fees and duties).
- Limited Warranty: Limited warranty applies only to wine cooling units purchased directly from WhisperKOOL or through an authorized dealer. Damage caused by others or beyond the control of WhisperKOOL shall not be considered defects in material or workmanship and is not covered by the warranty. The limited warranty does not cover any parts or labor to correct any defect caused by negligence, commercial use, accident, maintenance, installation, service/repair, or improper use.
This cooling unit can be classed as Self-Contained. It's a Through the Wall unit, so it sends exhaust fumes into an adjacent room.