The remote probe also can be used in odd-shaped wine cellars to control the cooling unit based on temperatures "around the corner".
Our remote probe can be used to measure liquid or air temperatures. It has a waterproof sheathing, and includes a rubber bottle stopper to keep liquid inside the bottle when placed on its side inside wine racks.
If used to measure liquid temperature, the remote probe can be inserted into a wine bottle filled with water and alcohol (to avoid bacteria growth.) Please note: the cooling unit's HY differential should be set to "1" when the probe is inserted in liquid, and should be set to "4" when measuring air temperature.
The 10-foot cord allows the remote probe to be placed almost anywhere inside the wine cellar. The other side of the probe is fitted with a jack that plugs directly into the face of the wine cooling unit.
- When measuring liquid temperatures, the (HY) differential should be set at 1 degree (so that the wine liquid doesn't fluctuate more than 1 degree.)
- When measuring air temperatures, the (HY) differential should be set at 4 degrees (the cooling unit will burn out prematurely if the unit cycles on'off every time the air temperature changes by 1 degree.)
- The remote probe must be located in a location with good air movement in order to correctly register the temperature changes inside the cellar.
- When measuring air temperature with ducted systems, the ideal location for the remote probe is in the return air register; when measuring air temperature with through-the-wall systems, the ideal location for the remote probe is near the return air grill; when measuring liquid temperatures in bottles, the ideal location of the bottle is near the top of the racks with good airflow.
- In all cases, it is recommended to check the actual cellar temperature against the display temperature when the remote probe is first setup and subsequently whenever the location moves.
- Refer to our Owners Manual for instructions how to change the HY differential
Remote probes are compatible with all CellarPro wine cooling units smaller than our AH18 sizes.
Our remote probes are wet/dry and allow our wine cooling units to be located remotely from the wine cellar, allowing the cooling unit to cycle on/off based on changes of the air or liquid temperature inside the wine cellar.
- Digital temperature control based on air or liquid temperature
- Jack plugs directly into the face of the wine cooling unit
- When used in a wine bottle, the rubber bottle stopper prevents spills and leaks
- 10-ft cord allows maximum flexibility
- Recommended when the wine cooling unit will be placed remotely or away from the top of the wine cellar
- Also can be used in odd-shaped wine cellars