Free Shipping! Receive free curbside delivery in the lower 48 states for a limited time. Simply add to your cart and checkout.
CellarPro AH8500 Horizontal ( AH8500SCh ) Cooling Unit (P/N 7108). CellarPro engineered the CellarPro AH8500 Horizontal ( AH8500SCh ) ducted cooling system to provide maximum cooling power and adjustable humidity control for cellars up to 2,500 cubic feet. The evaporator and the condensing unit each can be ducted up to 100 equivalent feet (50 equivalent feet per duct.) Designed for internal installations, the AH8500SCh includes independent variable-speed fans with a low setting for quieter operation and a high setting for maximum power. This unit has a horizontal configuration for installations in locations with limited height and/or vertical constraints (eg above the ceiling in an attic).
All air-cooled refrigeration equipment requires fresh air intake to dissipate the heat generated by the cooling unit. The fresh air intake CANNOT come from the wine cellar space - it must come from space outside the cellar.
- CellarPro Air Handlers are engineered to be ducted with 10-inch insulated ducting on the cold side (evaporator) and/or 10-inch ducting on the hot side (condensing unit), allowing the equipment can be located out-of-sight where it won't be heard.
- Now with energy-efficient quieter EC fans for high-output airflow and variable speed settings for your choice of cooling power.
- An optional integrated humidifier provides the ultimate control of moisture levels inside your cellar.
- An optional integrated heater (900W and 1800W) provides heat for wine cellars that are exposed to temperatures below 55F.
- Extra-large coils generate maximum cooling power inside the cellar.
- Excess condensate is managed through an extra-large 1/2" drain line, amply sized to reduce blockages.
- Commercial-grade Electrofin coating protects the evaporator coils from leaks and corrosion.
- An Intuitive LED display panel mounted on the evaporator with a digital programmable thermostat is simple and easy to use. The remote thermostat is available as an upgrade.
- Energy-saver mode, quick-chill mode, and auto-defrost cycle provide convenient solutions to common cellar needs.
- The temperature setpoint range is 47F to 62F when the cooling unit is properly sized.
- The unit operates with minimal vibrations and less noise than comparable units from competitors.
- Audible and visual alarms and maintenance-needed indicator protect the cooling unit and the wine cellar.
- Remote probe for the cellar (bottle probe) and duct adapters are included as standard equipment
- Factory-installed Expansion Valve ensures maximum operating precision and range.
- The removable steel case and refrigerant access valve provide access to the internal components for servicing and repair.
- The cooling system is fully-charged with refrigerant and ready-to-use out of the box.
- CellarPro's 2-Year/5-Year Warranty, the most thorough in the industry, protects the unit against manufacturing defects.
- An optional Extended Warranty (P/N 7528) is available for additional protection.
- ETL Tested and Certified to rigorous UL Standards for safety.
- CellarPro AH8500SCh units are fully-charged and ready to use out of the box. These cooling units are designed to be ducted up to 100 Equivalent Feet (50 Feet per Duct) with 10-inch ducting.
- CellarPro's horizontal configuration allows multiple ducting alternatives, as follows.
- Collars or grills for EXHAUST (ie Supply) are located at the front (shown at left), top, or rear of the cooling system, and are interchangeable to meet your specific requirement.
- Collars or grills for INTAKE (ie Return) are located at each end (left: evaporator, and right: condenser), and include professional-grade air filters to protect the unit.
- We recommend pulling the fresh air intake (hot-side) from a temperature-controlled environment other than the cellar. If the hot-side exhaust will be directed to a different space than the intake, always make sure that both spaces are sufficiently voluminous so that you don't run into issues with negative pressure.
- A bottle probe temperature sensor (10' cord) plus your choice of duct collars, indoor grills, and blank plates are included in the price of the cooling system.
- CellarPro Air Handlers use two 110V / 60Hz plug-in power cords, as follows:
- One cord for the compressor, which pulls 11.4 amps and requires a dedicated 20 amp circuit breaker
- One cord for the rest of the components, which pull 5.6 amps and require a dedicated 15 amp circuit breaker
- The data above is not valid when the integrated heater and/or humidifier are configured with the cooling unit
- When the control panel is difficult to access, we offer a remote control display kit that is wired to the cooling unit and allows the digital display to be mounted inside or outside the cellar.
- When not ducted, the hot side of the cooling unit (condenser) requires 12 inches of unobstructed space in front of the coils and requires approx. 600-700 CFM of ventilation when installed in a confined space.
- For installation in environments below 20F down to -20F, our Fan-Cycling Switch (P/N 6972) is required in addition to the compressor heater (both sold separately).
- The cold side of the cooling unit (evaporator) should never be exposed to temperatures below 32F.
- We ship these units strapped to a pallet via common carrier with curbside delivery. Inside delivery is available for an additional charge.
- To activate your warranty, you must complete and return our Installation Checklist.
Configuration Scenarios Air Handlers
* Horizontal or upright configurations available
- Capacity: 7156 BTUH @ 55F
- Sizing: Click here to view sizing table
- Size: 37 1/5w x 18 3/5d x 19 3/10h (in) 10-inch ducting
- Weight: 236 lb
- Power/Rating: 115V AC / 60 Hz
- 170 lbs (no humidifier)
- 37.2w x 18.6d x 19.3h
Evaporator Unit Dimensions:
- 60 lbs
- 18.6w x 18.6d x 19.3h (in)
- CellarPro Air Handlers use two 110V / 60Hz plug-in power cords, as follows:
- One cord for the compressor, which pulls 11.2 amps and requires a dedicated 20 amp circuit breaker
- One cord for the rest of the components, which pull 5.7 amps and require a dedicated 15 amp circuit breaker
- Running Amps Cord-Connected: 17.0 Amps
- Total Watts: 1408 (low fan speed)
1 Ton Nominal
BTUH @ 55F
- Low Fan Speed: 6245
- Med Fan Speed: 6649
- High Fan Speed: 7156
- Low Fan Speed, Ducted: 47 dbA
- Med Fan Speed, Ducted: 51 dbA
- High Fan Speed, Ducted: 59 dbA
- Low Fan Speed, Ducted / Non-Ducted: 54 dbA / 67 dbA
- Med Fan Speed, Ducted / Non-Ducted: 59 dbA / 72 dbA
- High Fan Speed, Ducted / Non-Ducted: 64 dbA / 77 dbA
- Warranty: 2 Years (Entire System) / 5 Years (Compressor)
Optional Extended Warranty sold separately.
Options & Upgrades
- Compressor Heater #1727: protects the unit when installed in environments that drop down to 20F.
- Fan Cycling Switch #6972: supports the unit in temperatures below 20F and as low as -20F when configured with Electronic Control and combined with our compressor heater.
Filters & Grills
- Use our filter & grill guide to find the cooling unit filter or duct filter and/or duct grill that is appropriate for your cooling unit.
Remote Thermostats, Displays & Probes
- Networkable Thermostats #27346 and #27310: Connect your cooling unit to a networkable, wi-fi enabled thermostat (sold separately). Some limitations apply - read the networkable thermostat description for more information. Includes 10 feet of wiring.
- Remote Display #1603: lets you place the digital panel wherever you want, whether inside or outside the cellar. Includes 10 feet of wiring. Additional wiring is available at a cost of $0.50 per additional foot.
- Bottle Probe #1434: this remote thermostat with a 10-foot cord overrides the thermostat on the face of the cooling unit, and allows it to monitor air or liquid temperatures at various locations inside the cellar - included.
- Bottle probe extension cords are available in 25-foot (#1780) and 50-foot (#1781) lengths.
Heating & Humidification
- Integrated Heater 900W #7237: adds 900 watts of heat through the cooling system when the cellar is in an unheated environment and will be exposed to temperatures below desired wine storage temperatures.
- Integrated Heater 1800W #7260: adds 1800 watts of heat through the cooling system when the cellar is in an unheated environment and will be exposed to temperatures below desired wine storage temperatures.
- Integrated Humidifier #7236: provides humidification with digital control inside the cellar when attached to an external water line.