CellarPro 1800H Cooling Unit (P/N 25544). CellarPro engineered the 1800H cooling unit specifically for shallow-depth glass wine cellars.
Just 10 1/2-inches deep and 10-inches tall, the 1800H Houdini cooling unit is designed to "disappear" inside - or atop - the cellar. Dual independent variable-speed fans offer flexibility to trade-off between super-quiet operation vs maximum performance.
For example, assuming 75F ambient temperature, R13 insulation in the non-glass walls and no ducting, the 1800H would work in the following cellars:
Glass Sq Ft
|6'w x 2 1/2'd x 9'h||135||54 (Front Wall)||Single||60F||1735|
|7'w x 2 1/2'd x 10'h||175||70 (Front Wall)||Double||55F||1681|
|7'w x 2 1/2'd x 10'h||175||120 (Front & Side Walls)||Double||58F||1922|
All air-cooled refrigeration equipment requires fresh air intake to dissipate the heat generated by the cooling unit. The fresh air intake CANNOT come from the wine cellar space - it must come from space outside the cellar.
Variable-speed fans with independent control provide maximum flexibility and versatility, as follows:
- Variable fan speed for the cold side
- Provides cooling flexibility
- Low fan speed: 1456 BTUH @ 55F / 51F lowest achievable cellar temperature
- High fan speed: 1864 BTUH @55F / 47F lowest achievable cellar temperature
- Variable fan speed for the hot side
- Choose between performance vs noise
- Low fan speed: 49 dBA / 85F maximum intake temperature
- High fan speed: 55 dBA / 95F maximum intake temperature
- Cold side:
- Up to 50 equivalent feet (25' per duct) with 6-inch insulated ducting
- Intake from the left / exhaust from the front
- Hot side:
- Up to 50 equivalent feet (25' per duct) and 85F maximum intake temperature (no auxiliary fan required)
- Up to 100 equivalent feet (50' per duct) and 95F maximum intake temperature (requires auxiliary fan)
- Intake and exhaust from the top
- Ducting requires CellarPro duct equipment (sold separately)
- This unit can be configured to pull fresh air ranging from -20 to 95F. If the unit's location does not provide sufficient room for the unit's exhaust to dissipate and/or fresh air to be provided, you may need to purchase a rear duct kit. Fresh air intake below 40F will require the addition of a compressor heater, and fresh air intake below 20F also will require the addition of a fan cycling switch.
- The unit must be placed indoors in an area that is above 32F.
- Dual high-output fans come with independent variable speed settings for your choice of maximum cooling power at the high fan speed, or super-quiet operation (49 decibels) at the low fan speed.
- Adjustable humidity control combines a high-output compressor with flexible fan cycles to maintain a recommended level of moisture inside your cellar.
- Custom coils generate maximum cooling power inside the cellar.
- Excess condensate is managed with a high-capacity stainless steel condensate pan and 100W electric heating element.
- Commercial-grade Electrofin coating protects the evaporator coils from leaks and corrosion.
- Intuitive LED display panel mounted on the evaporator with digital programmable thermostat is simple and easy to use. Remote thermostat is available as an upgrade.
- Energy-saver mode, quick-chill mode, and auto-defrost cycle provide convenient solutions to common cellar needs.
- Temperature set point range is 47F to 62F when the cooling unit is properly sized.
- Unit operates with minimal vibrations and less noise than comparable units from competitors.
- Audible and visual alarms and maintenance-needed indicator protect the cooling unit and the wine cellar.
- With dual power sources and a 10-foot power cord, the unit can be plugged into a receptacle from either the rear or right side of the cooling unit, providing flexibility for most installations.
- Common dedicated 15-amp circuit is required to power the unit.
- Mounting brackets, included as standard equipment, ensure easy installation.
- Removable steel case provides access to the internal components for servicing and repair.
- CellarPro's 5-Year Standard Warranty, the most thorough in the industry, protects the unit against manufacturing defects.
- An optional Extended Warranty (P/N 1836) is available for additional protection.
- ETL Tested and Certified to rigorous UL Standards for safety (PENDING).
- CellarPro 1800H cooling units are self-contained, fully-charged units designed to be attached to the ceiling inside the cellar, or above the cellar.
- 1800H units also can be located remotely from the cellar with the addition of one of our front duct packages. Offered with or without insulated flex ducting, in a choice of configurations for low or high humidity conditions, our front duct packages allow these cooling units to be ducted up to 50 equivalent feet away from the cellar and requires 6-inch (or greater) ducting from start to finish.
- When calculating equivalent feet, each 90-degree turn counts for 8 feet.
- For remote or inaccessible installations, we offer a remote control display kit which is wired to the cooling unit and allows the digital display to be mounted inside or outside the cellar.
- 1800H cooling units require fresh air intake without interference from the unit's hot air exhaust. If sufficient space does not exist to provide fresh air, you may need our hot-side duct kit.
- If the fresh air intake (on the hot side) will pull air below below 40F, the cooling unit will require our Compressor Heater (P/N 1727) .
- If the fresh air intake (on the hot side) will pull air below 20F down to -20F, we recommend our Fan-Cycling Switch (P/N 6972) combined with our compressor heater.
- The cooling unit should never be exposed to temperatures below 32F.
- A CellarPro cooling unit must always be used in the upright position, and should never be operated on its side or upside
Configuration Scenarios 1800H
Capacity:1864 BTUH @ 55F
Sizing:Click here to view sizing table
Size: 36 1/2w x 10 1/2d x 10h (in)
Power/Rating:115V AC / 60 Hz
- Startup (LRA): 22.2 Amps
- Unit Amp Rating: 4.7 Amps
- Total Watts with Fans on High: 411
- Total Watts with Fans on Low: 399
- Compatible with Dedicated 15-Amp Circuit
BTUH @ 55F:
- Low Fan Speed: 1456 BTUH
- High Fan Speed: 1864 BTUH
1/4 Ton Nominal
Warranty:2 Years (Entire System) / 5 Years (Compressor)
Optional Extended Warranty sold separately.
- Compressor Heater #1727: protects the unit when installed in environments that drop down to 20F.
- Fan Cycling Switch #6972: supports the unit in temperatures below 20F and as low as -20F when combined with our compressor heater.
Duct and Sound Hoods
- Duct Hood (Hot or Cold Side) #25563 and Kit #25562: permits the cooling unit to be located remotely, up to 50 equivalent feet away from the cellar (cold side), and allows you to install the unit in a small space with limited airflow, up to 50 equivalent feet
- Duct Kits are the same as Duct Hoods, and also include 2 x 25-feet of 6-inch insulated (R-6) flex ducting.
- Sound Hood #30827: reduces the noise level of our Houdini cooling unit by 5 decibels; no assembly is required.
Filters & Grills
- Use our filter & grill guide to find the cooling unit filter or duct filter and/or duct grill that is appropriate for your cooling unit.
Remote Control & Probe
- Remote Display #1603: lets you place the digital panel wherever you want, whether inside or outside the cellar. Includes 10 feet of wiring.
- Bottle Probe #1434: this remote thermostat with a 10-foot cord overrides the thermostat on the face of the cooling unit, and allows it to monitor air or liquid temperatures at various locations inside the cellar. The bottle probe is highly recommended unless the unit is configured with the networkable thermostat upgrade
- Extension cords available in 25-foot (#1780) and 50-foot (#1781) lengths.
Other Options & Upgrades
- Condensate Drain Line: strongly recommended for wine cellar installations that are not airtight, a drain line allows excess moisture to drain from the the cooling unit (#1606).
DID YOU KNOW?
Nobody protects your wine cellar better than CellarPro Cooling Systems! In the event your cooling unit fails and the failed components are covered by our warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you per the terms of our Replacement Unit Program
CellarPro Replacement Unit Program
If your CellarPro cooling unit fails and the parts that failed are still covered by warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you, as follows:
- Your cooling unit must be registered at CellarPro
- Your cooling unit must have been properly sized, installed and maintained
- Your cooling unit may not have been permanently modified, damaged or disfigured
- Replacement units are factory-refurbished cooling units with a similar build date as your original unit
- You are responsible for the shipping cost to send the replacement unit to you and return the original unit to us, and the cost (if any) to remove the original unit and install the replacement unit
- In order to send a replacement unit, we require a deposit, which will be refunded minus shipping costs upon the return and pending the inspection of the original unit
- If the original unit failed due to improper installation or use, the failure is not covered by warranty and we will deduct the cost of the repairs from the refund of your deposit