Performance testing shows that this unit maintains optimal cellar temperature and humidity conditions in extreme conditions up to 110F more effectively than similar units from competing brands. 6000Scm units also are significantly quieter than comparable units from other manufacturers.
All ceiling-mount units include our remote display with 20-feet of low-voltage wiring (additional wiring available upon request) and integrated condensate pump as standard equipment. Visit our Learning Center for data tables, performance charts, and product comparisons among different brands.
*Assuming R19 insulation throughout the cellar, 55F inside the cellar, and 85F outside the cellar. Cold-side ducting, glass and/or uninsulated walls, extreme humidity, altitude, and other factors may affect the sizing calculation.
Free Shipping! Receive free curbside delivery in the lower 48 states for a limited time. Simply add to your cart and checkout.
CellarPro 6000Scm Ceiling Mount Split Cooling System (P/N 17975). CellarPro engineered the 6000Scm cooling system to provide maximum cooling power and adjustable humidity control for cellars up to 1,500 cubic feet. The system uses 2 connected ceiling mounted evaporators with stainless steel cases that preserve wall space for wine racking and bottle storage. Split refrigeration systems separate the evaporator from the condensing unit, allowing the noise and heat from the condensing unit to be located away from interior living areas. Configurable for internal or external installations, the 6000Scm includes variable-speed fans on the evaporators with a low setting for quieter operation and a high setting for maximum power.
All air-cooled refrigeration equipment requires fresh air intake to dissipate the heat generated by the cooling unit. The fresh air intake CANNOT come from the wine cellar space - it must come from space outside the cellar.
- This unit is designed to separate the heat and noise from the condensing unit from interior living spaces and can be configured to operate indoors or outdoors in extreme temperature conditions ranging from -20 to 110F.
- Our Evaporators are built with high-output centrifugal fans which include variable speed settings for your choice of maximum cooling power at the high fan speed, or quieter operation (57 decibels) at the low fan speed.
- Adjustable humidity control combines a high-output compressor with flexible fan cycles to maintain a recommended level of moisture inside your cellar.
- Extra-large coils generate maximum cooling power inside the cellar.
- Excess condensate is managed through an internal integrated condensate pump and a 1/4" drain line that exits from a choice of knockouts in the evaporator. The pump has automatic overflow protection.
- Commercial-grade Electrofin coating protects the evaporator coils from leaks and corrosion.
- Remote LED display panel and digital programmable controls include 20-feet of wiring and can be mounted inside or outside the cellar.
- Quick-chill mode and auto-defrost cycle provide convenient solutions to common cellar needs.
- The temperature setpoint range is 47F to 62F when the cooling unit is properly sized.
- The unit operates with minimal vibrations and less noise than comparable units from competitors.
- Audible and visual alarms and maintenance-needed indicator protect the cooling unit and the wine cellar.
- A common dedicated 20-amp circuit (valve control) or a 25-amp circuit (electronic control) is required to power the unit.
- Factory-installed Expansion Valve and Liquid Line Solenoid Valve (optional) ensure maximum operating precision and range.
- Removable stainless steel case and refrigerant access valve provide access to the internal components for servicing and repair.
- Sight Glass and Liquid Line Filter/Drier are included for easy installation and maintenance.
- The oversized Receiver allows for longline sets up to 100 equivalent feet and up to 30 vertical feet.
- Auto-reset high-pressure switch protects the system by interrupting power to the compressor when system pressure is too high.
- Evaporator and Condensing units are factory-pressurized and shipped with dry nitrogen to ensure leak-free installation.
- CellarPro's 2-Year/5-Year Warranty, the most thorough in the industry, protects the unit against manufacturing defects.
- An optional Extended Warranty (P/N 7528) is available for additional protection.
- ETL Tested and Certified to rigorous UL Standards for safety.
- CellarPro 6000Scm units are designed to be installed with the pair of evaporators inside the cellar, and the condensing unit in a remote location.
- Our Split refrigeration systems offer a choice of wiring:
- The Condensing unit can be electronically controlled by and wired to the Evaporator (single power source on the Evaporator side). This configuration allows the Condensing unit to be used in temperatures down to 20F with the addition of our compressor heater, or down to -20F with the addition of our fan cycling switch AND compressor heater. This configuration requires a 15-amp dedicated circuit breaker for 3000Scm and 4000Scm systems and a 25-amp dedicated circuit breaker for 6000Scm and 8000Scm systems.
- The Condensing unit can be controlled by a Solenoid valve (dual power source, one each to the primary Evaporator and Condensing units.) This configuration allows the Condensing unit to be used in temperatures down to 20F with the addition of our compressor heater. This configuration requires the primary evaporator to be wired to a 15-amp circuit breaker, and the condensing unit to be wired to a dedicated 15-amp circuit breaker for 3000Scm and 4000Scm systems, a dedicated 20-amp circuit breaker for 6000Scm systems, and a dedicated 25-amp circuit breaker for 8000Scm systems
- 6000Scm evaporators cannot be ducted from a remote location and must be located inside the cellar.
- The condensing unit requires 12 inches of unobstructed space in front of the coils and requires approx. 600-700 CFM of ventilation when installed in a confined space.
- For outdoor installations, we offer an outdoor hood to protect the condensing unit from the weather. All outdoor hoods include a compressor heater.
- The evaporators should never be exposed to temperatures below 32F.
- Access to the bottom of each evaporator is required for installation.
- All split systems must be installed and charged on-site by a qualified HVAC professional. Line-set equivalent feet must be calculated in accordance with ASHRAE guidelines; refer to our Line Sizing Chart for more information.
- A CellarPro cooling unit must always be used in the upright position, and should never be operated on its side or upside down.
- We ship these units strapped to a pallet via common carrier with curbside delivery. Inside delivery is available for an additional charge.
- To activate your warranty, you must complete and return our Installation Checklist.
- Capacity: 5046 BTUH @ 55F
- Sizing: Click here to view sizing table
- Size: 70 1/8w x 18 5/8d x 6 9/16h (in)
- Weight: 164 lb
- Power/Rating: 115V AC / 60 Hz
Condensing Unit Dimensions:
- 54 lbs
- 13.9w x 18.9d x 11.9h
Evaporator Unit Dimensions:
- (2) 55 lbs (110)
- (2) 35.1w x 18.8d x 6.5h
- Common dedicated 20-amp circuit (valve control) or 25-amp circuit (electronic control) is required to power the unit.
- Startup: 53.0 Amps
- Unit Amp Rating: 14.7 Amps (high fan speed)
- Total Watts: 1208 (high fan speed)
BTUH @ 55F / Evaporator Decibels
- Low Fan Speed: 4311 / 57 dbA
- High Fan Speed: 5046 / 68 dbA
- 3/4 Ton Nominal
Condensing Unit Decibels
- Indoor: 65
- Outdoor: 63
- Warranty: 2 Years (Entire System) To activate your warranty, you must complete and return our Split Installation Checklist.
Optional Extended Warranty sold separately.
- SKU: 17975
- UPC: 077757179754
Configuration Scenarios For Split Ceiling Mount Systems
- Compressor Heater #1727: protects the unit when installed in environments that drop down to 20F.
- Fan Cycling Switch #6972: supports the unit in temperatures below 20F and as low as -20F when combined with our compressor heater.
- Outdoor Hood #2009: allows you to install the condensing unit outdoors; all outdoor hoods include a Compressor Heater #1727.
Filters & Grills
- Use our filter & grill guide to find the cooling unit filter or duct filter and/or duct grill that is appropriate for your cooling unit.
- Bottle Probe #1434: this remote thermostat with a 10-foot cord overrides the thermostat on the face of the evaporator, and allows it to monitor air or liquid temperatures at various locations inside the cellar.
- Extension cords available in 25-foot (#1780) and 50-foot (#1781) lengths.
DID YOU KNOW?
Nobody protects your wine cellar better than CellarPro Cooling Systems! In the event, your cooling unit fails and the failed components are covered by our warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you per the terms of our Replacement Unit Program
CellarPro Replacement Unit Program
If your CellarPro cooling unit fails and the parts that failed are still covered by warranty, we'll send a replacement cooling unit to you, as follows:
- Your cooling unit must be registered at CellarPro
- Your cooling unit must have been properly sized, installed, and maintained
- Your cooling unit may not have been permanently modified, damaged, or disfigured
- Replacement units are factory-refurbished cooling units with a similar build date as your original unit
- You are responsible for the shipping cost to send the replacement unit to you and return the original unit to us, and the cost (if any) to remove the original unit and install the replacement unit
- In order to send a replacement unit, we require a deposit, which will be refunded minus shipping costs upon the return and pending the inspection of the original unit
- If the original unit failed due to improper installation or use, the failure is not covered by warranty and we will deduct the cost of the repairs from the refund of your deposit